06-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #145
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Feel for you. I remember the PK loss to Germany in Euro '96.

England just looked flat today, was not sure why a top flight team would give the ball away so much. The only way they were still in the match in the end was a few bounces off the post by the Italians.

Horrible way to decide a match, but I can't come up with a better method.

Italians will have to pick up their game if they are going to stay on the pitch.

Youre right - England seemed to be lacking energy but i will credit the Italians as well - apart from the first 25 minutes when England looked good, they just couldn't keep the ball and spent the next 95 minutes chasing it which tends to drain your energy!

Another key factor in tournament football is your best players have to play well if youre going to progress.........and Rooney was nowhere near his top form unfortunately.

Hodgson only had a few weeks to work with the team so i will give him more time. there are lots of good young players coming through so hopefully by the time the World Cup kicks off in 2014 the team will be stronger and able to compete against the top teams.

As for Italy having to pick their game up i'm not so sure - they played well and dominated the game - if they can finish the chances they were creating then Germany will be in for a tough game.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0