View Single Post
      02-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

I really dont see GSP getting caught like the other guys that Silva has knocked out. HE is just as quick if not quicker. Of course, anyone can get caught, but on paper, I just dont see it.
Now, that brings us to the ground game. Silva is well trained in jiu jitsu but doesnt doesnt really show it in his fights. GSP has the best takedowns in the game right now. Silva took a lot of punishment from Sonnen (even juiced up), and was only able to win with a last minute triangle. I dont see GSP getting lazy and gassed like Sonnen did.
Assuming that GSP is able to neutralize Silva's standup with speed, then I would think that GSP could win on the ground.
The BIG wild card in all of this is Silva's mental status. If he really puts his mind to it, I dont think anyone can beat him. He is just sick with some of these moves he comes up with. But he doesnt seem to be into as much. Maybe a big fight with GSP will motivate him to show his true top level talent, but Im not convinced. GSP is a very smart fighter who will stick to his game plan. So if an unmotivated Silva shows up, GSP wins it.
Appreciate 0