View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
e46m3to135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 MR E92 M3

E9X M3 test pipes?

I'm about to purchase a set of test pipes and started thinking. With the going rate for these things, why couldn't a good exhaust shop just make a set??

I mean seriously, they are about 18" long each and look to have only a single bend in them, no welds other than on the flanges. I am by no means an exhaust expert nor have I ever done any custom exhaust work myself but I have seen shops do custom work before on pieces that look WAY more complicated.

I did a search and couldn't find any threads on anyone who has had gone this route.

I'm sure I'm coming off as sounding cheap but that's really not the case. I just don't like paying more for something that gets the same results. IMHO, test pipes shouldn't cost more than $200 tops. I feel like I'm getting robbed at $400+ for these things.

Once again, having the funds for these is not the issue, its the principle of the cost that matters.

Please keep the thread on topic.

-Nick

Evolve Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT Flash / Servo Tune / OEM Exhaust Mod / BMC Drop In / H&R Sports Springs / BMS 15/12mm Spacers / CF Grilles / CF Gills / CF Hood Vents / Painted Reflectors / Extended Paddles / BMS ARC AE's / Cyba Scoops / 20% Tint
Appreciate 0