View Single Post
      07-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #14
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i love my M3 manual coupe and when i did the midpipe and diff it really woke the car up and where the gears were so long and i felt always in btw one or not enough room the diff really helped that out alot and made the car much more fun

however out of those other cars my friend just got the new 550 and it is really nice car. Dinan even has a tune for it that really gives it a power bump to 495hp and 573tq

http://www.dinancars.com/shop/D900-4...de.aspx#page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojorisinM3 View Post
Love my M3 sedan, however I'm up for a change. I have a manual, and want to go back to a DCT. I prefer the paddle shifting, and LOVE the throttle blips even around town. I just cant get good enough to heel / toe in the manual around town. I'm also looking for something a bit more comfortable to drive around. The M3 can get very twitchy on the bad roads in the north. However the M3 engine still makes me giddy after 3 years. The SOUND of the M3 is just to die for as a DD.

So cars I'm thinking about:

Audi S4: comfortable, a little larger, plenty quick, DCT. However very conservative looking and no cool noises.

New 550i: comfortable, luxury. However very expensive, no cool noises, a bit to Lexus vs. BMW.

Used M3 coupe: I love the look of the coupe, even more now that the sedan. I could pick one up with the DCT, and put it away as an eventual 3rd car. Downside is the cost to sell mine then buy a coupe (taxes, etc). Plus the new M3 will be out in 2 years, which means the E9x will take a massive depreciation hit.

S5: Sounds amazing, a real looker.

Others? I love the Maserati GT - that is my first choice however its just too far out of budget. I'm also very concerned about the cost of maintenance.

What else am I missing?
Appreciate 0