Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
this makes sense picking up girls, getting laid, or getting a girlfriend(worked for me in HS, girls I tended to ignore kept on being annoying and wanted to spend time with me), but what happens after you grow up, get married or advance to a deep relationship? Do you still treat her like crap, show no interest and ignore her calls? How do you keep her wanting you without making you seem like a jerk?

is there a point where you both just grow up and treat each other like normal human beings with love instead of this princess and knight story?

I've been dating my gf for 3.5 years, and I didn't have to do that kinda stuff to get her to notice me. We became friends and after some time we started to just do everything together because we enjoyed each others company. She's not only my gf but also my best friend.

However, the argument does make sense about wants and needs. I remember the first christmas I got my gf some jewelry and she cried tears of joy. Now if I do it she just says pretends like its something normal.
There's a fine line between being a gentleman and being a cuckold. This thread made me shake my head. It screams desperation. Those are the scenarios where he'll come home and find her getting drilled by the pool boy.

I think you are misinterpreting what we're saying a little bit. Treating each other like normal human beings instead of a princess is pretty much exactly what we're saying. I've also had friendships that turned into relationships but that's not really the scenario we're talking about. I buy my wife flowers on occasion (randomly - it's more effective) but I certainly don't feel as if I have to give her my Amex to keep her happy.

Bottom line: Girls like guys who act like guys.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0