03-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejones View Post
Do you think the 997 gt3s will experience significant depreciation once Porsche resolves the recall on the 991 gt3? Also, is the gt3 very expensive to maintain with miles?
It is impossible to predict the future of course, but staying as impartial as I can, I doubt prices will come down as fast as some hope. My guess is that the prices will drop down to mid 70s to low 80s as mileage on cars increase within the next 2-3 years, but I don't see them going below $60K within the next 5 years.

They are going to probably produce twice as many 991 GT3s as 997 GT3s, and once the RS comes out the prices of the 991s will drop significantly more and sooner than the 997 prices IMHO. There are so many first time Pcar and GT3 buyers with the 991 that I suspect some of those who just bought the car primarily due to its performance on track will sell more quickly as faster cars keep coming to the market, and some will just upgrade to the RS. So, if one can wait 2 years, the GT3 market will have many options to offer and it will be a buyers market. Right now it is a sellers market and I think there is a 'bubble' if you will.

At the same time the good news is with a lot of depreciation built into the 997.1 GT3, it is hard to lose money on it. Buy one, use 2 years, sell and recover 80-85% of money you initially put it in; I think that is a good deal.

Maintenance costs of running a GT3 as a DD is no more or less than any other performance car and depends on how well you want to take care of it. If you track, preventive maintenance alone will double costs.

Last edited by FTS; 03-22-2014 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0