View Single Post
      06-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmc83 View Post
After doing some research, I decided to get the SVSound PB-13 Ultra subwoofer to my home theater setup.

Before I even got the thing out of the box, I could tell it was a monster. After the delivery guy forklifted it to the front door, he nonchalantly quips, "You're neighbors are going to love you!"

I got the Piano Gloss Black finish, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Definitely worth the premium, and it goes well with the other components in my system.

My dad and I spent quite some time this weekend calibrating/positioning the beast. The built-in BASH amp has lots of features and inputs any audiophile would love.

The sound is just something you need to hear in person. It's ruler flat down to about 18Hz, still having noticeable output as low as 10Hz, which comes across as earthquake-like. We watched the Blu-Ray sources of Live Free or Die Hard, Rambo, and 300, and it's an incredible experience. Loud, tight bass, while still maintaining it's musicality. There is a natural gas explosion sequence in the Die Hard film that comes close to inducing the brown note, but I've yet to find it officially!

Luckily the insulation in my house is sufficient enough to withhold most of the sound within the walls without being too loud outside, but bottomline this thing can get loud. Even at levels loud enough to match my mains, it's enough to make things dance across the coffee table and rattle in the kitchen!

If you feel the need for tight, musical, wall-crumbling bass, this sub is for you!
thanks for the link my order will be placed soon (once I take delivery of my new home with a dedicated AV room).