View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #21
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i would say it is not loud at all. if you have the radio on even at a low level or your windows down or even one window down you won't hear it. you may feel a little bit of a notchy feel going into the 1-2 but not sloppy nice and tight. only time i have heard noise other then the 1-2 shift is if i had left my hand on the shifter after a shift with applied pressure which we all know we are not suppose to do. and for those that don't know, you shouldn't rest your hand on the shifter lol.

on cold starts i hear a little bit of the noise going into reverse then back into 1st but thats it.

but this is only heard if the windows are up and the radio is off. if you had the radio off and windows up but someones was sitting next to you talking to you then you prob wouldn't hear it either.

just has a race car feel overall to it. i drove my uncles track car once and it feels like that but i use this as my daily and i have no problems with it and it hasn't made it any less of a daily driver just better

so i say other then the cost, which they all seem to be very high for this car no matter which one you get, the slight noise you get from the shifter is def worth all the good things about it.

i have liked my Dinan shifter that i had in the past on my E46 M3 but this one i think i like more bc it feels like more of a race bred shifter. tighter shifts, tighter feel, shorter shifts.

so long story short in my opinion i think it is worth it compared to what else is out there as of now which isn't many choices. my tech that works on my car has driven a few of these and a few of the UUC ones and he said there is no comparison, that the RE blows it away. in terms of how it operates and in terms of construction. he told me about the slight noise ahead of me getting it but i felt it was worth it from what he described to me and i feel the same way.

i am 100% happy with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Hey, want your input since you seem pretty objective. We all know there's no free lunch with mods, so I know there's at least one drawback (other than cost ), which is added noise. My question is how much more. Could you please describe it? Thanks.
Appreciate 0