02-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
1. It's not yours to keep since insurance paid to give you new ones and dispose of or total your old ones/other parts which they insured.

2. Unless it just took a curb rashing and nothing more, I'd never trust a cast wheel that took a side impact bearing that much inertia. It's worth nothing to anyone but the scrap metal collectors most likely.
Yeah, #1 is what my SA told me--pretty much right after I posted this, today. He said that if the insurance company didn't want them they would give them to me. The front one MAY not be so bad--a good scuffing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by track_warrior View Post
Sounds like Dorifto damage! Reputable body shops will always order parts directly from bmw, make sure they inspect all the suspension components and arms.
Ha ha... nah, nothing so cool as that. I was a victim of the great Southern "Snow"storm a couple weeks ago. I went slippy-slidin' whilst turning into a gas station, hit some black ice, and didn't stop till rim met curb.

Seriously, though, thanks for the advice. Luckily, I find that BMW shops want to get paid to do as much work as they possibly can, so they will "recommend" the maximum repair--meaning they find every little nitpicky detail.
Appreciate 0