View Single Post
      10-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I've used Lockton regularly myself. Never had a payout, but word of mouth seems to be that they are decent.

I would be very reluctant to rely on any insurance company to payout for HPDEs. I agree that if the language is "racing or speed contest" that they should likely cover HPDEs, but the majority have changed the language to "any organized event held on a racetrack" or similar. The problem is that it can be difficult to know the exact policy language without first getting the insurance, unless you can find someone with that insurance in your state (since insurance language is state specific).

Good heads up about ontrackinsurance.com. I hadn't heard of them before, but it looks legit, and I might do a price compare at events next year. One thing I like with them vs Lockton as apparently you can cancel your policy up to the morning of the event and get a full refund no hassle. Lockton only lets you get a refund once purchased if you get a statement from the organizer that you didn't attend, so usually I sign up last minute and have come close to forgetting to sign up a few times.