Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgarcia41982
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedawg
as a traffic lawyer,i interact with the police a lot.i treat them with courtesy,and we generally get along well.i find that helps in resolving speeding cases,which are generally resolved by negotiation.for cases which are contested,i try the case hard,and there are usually no hard feelings at the end-we're both doing our job.most officers i encounter perform a hard job for not much money.there are some with a bit of an authority complex,but there are plenty of lawyers with that,too.

i am curious how officers feel about someone going fast in a high-performance car if the driver is otherwise being responsible-ie sober,not driving like an idiot,everything in good shape and up to date on the car,and a cooperative attitude.as you all know,it's easy to exceed the speed limit by a lot in these cars,without driving particularly dangerously.do you officers tend to cut people any slack in this situation,maybe thinking that's what you'd be doing if you had that car (or for you officers who have one,if you were driving yours ?)
Well said! I hate to say it but I feel like being a cop gives you the right to drive anyway you feel. I always wondered if they get pulled over (when off duty) do they ever get tickets. I've heard people say they dont due to professional courtesy. Anyway I'm jealous lol.
Furthest thing from the truth. One thing you should know about our jobs..

Hardest job to get, easiest to lose.

We're under public scrutiny 24/7. Even when I'm in the M, I drive with respect and courtesy. I could easily say that all my co-workers have the same attitude. Regarding the tickets, it all depends on the violation, location, and attitude. Don't believe me, check YouTube for police issuing police tickets.
Appreciate 0