View Single Post
      03-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #17
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

There is a Shell and a Mobil right by my house and they r both accross the street from each other. Prices r exactly the same. I was told mobil is the best gas therefore decided to go with mobil altho b4 I would always put shell. A few miles away there is another mobil in which the gas was around .30c cheaper, but its still a MOBIL. So I was almost on empty and decided to fill up there. A few days later my car had this ticking sound. Right away I thought about the gas, but didnt really think it was that since altho cheaper its still a mobil. Anyway, let the gas tank go don and filled it up again with Shell. Guess what? Ticking sound was completely gone. About 3 weeks ago I decided to go with mobil again, but not the one that was cheaper, the one thats right accross from the shell and is the same price (BTW THESE R ALL 93) and after a few fillups I started getting a ticking sound again but not as loud. Waited for it to go low and filled up with shell again and guess what, ITS COMPLETELY GONE....... AGAIN!!!

Came to a conclusion that shell is the best gas for our cars, at least here in NYC. Our engines seem to be very sensitive to this matter. From now I am only filling up with shell. I will do watever it takes if Im not near one to get to one lol.
Appreciate 0