View Single Post
      03-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizman7 View Post
ok, first off I'm NOT complaining about not affording an extra $.30 more a gallon, if you do the math that's only about $5 more a tank, I'm fine with that, I looked into that before I even got the car.

If fact I'm not complaining at all I just want to put the best stuff in my baby that I can get where I live. And I'm really asking about 93 vs 93 w/ 10% ethonal. Which is better, or does it not make a difference?

The 2nd part to this is I live in Des Moines, Iowa. We don't have Shell it doesn't exist here, or Cheveron, and the few Quik Trips don't have 93 Octane of any sort. It's almost all BP, and so far I haven't found 93 Octane at them either but their probably the best chance I'll have to find it, which I figured if they did have it, it'll probably be the 10% ethonal kind of 93 octane.

So basically it sounds like 93 octane with up to 10% ethonal is ok and covered under the warranty, just don't use anything higher than 10% ethonal
You are in the middle of corn country, of course you will see corn alcohol being used as fuel additives. Don't give it another thought, 10% a-hol is fine, especially when worrying about it is'nt going to change your circumstances.

Last edited by matt beard; 03-09-2009 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0