03-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #46
FrankieP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/BLK

ACS carbon side skirt elements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKSigua View Post
Awesome I wish I was in Miami, I want those ACS side skirts in CF but they are so expensive. That would complete the look of my M. Still I might have to think about it. Anyways thanks for sharing.
Thanks! More pics coming! TonyTone where you at?

The ACS side pieces are pricey in CF because it is real, paper thin, pre-preg dry carbon. Both parts together weigh less than 1 pound. Another benefit is the look of the product. Because it is not laid over FRP, you will not get the wavy look associated with the CFRP stuff (this goes for front and rear diff as well). These parts are hand made in Germany by a supplier to F1 race car aerodynamics. The complex angles of that part of the side skirt make for a technically challenging production process. I have installed 3 sets here at the shop and can tell you the fit is perfect on each one so far. When I say perfect, I mean perfect. No gaps, waves, etc. I know you are interested in the CF, but as a lower cost alternative, ACS makes these in PU-rim (poly) as well. They can be painted to match and offer the same aerodynamic benefits as the CF versions (they look cool too). These go for $695 for the pair unpainted.

Hope this helps and thanks to all the members for the positive feed back.
Appreciate 0