11-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #51
foosh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
I definitely would like more bottom end torque. Neck snap and push you in the seat. Around town I would like to have torque for almost any gear. Sometimes find myself in the wrong gear.

I don't care about loud exhaust, straight race pipes and all that. If I could make it more of a sleeper then Id really like that as well. Most people go bananas and try to catch up the F430 Scuderia all the time. I think it would be funny like a member with the RD stroker said, "its funny to see the looks on the vette drivers faces when they arent catching up to what appears to be a completely stock m3"

I dont race on the street, but my quest is for torque.

I blame the ZR-1 in my quest for more torque. Yes I could have made that car insane. I know i know. But I love the workmanship of the BMW
Yes, I know. After all, I'm also driving an M3 now, and not a Z06 or ZR1, despite their very desirable characteristics.

However, my real point, in a long post, from which you only quoted a sentence or two, is that there is no explaining why people do what they do to OEM cars. It's not about "sensible," or what performance you can get for less. As I said (or tried to say), it's about what makes the hobby fun for people like us.