View Single Post
      06-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #432
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by memorom View Post
I just spoke to BMW and they said I couldn't use the 255's up front as they would rub, as suspected. But the sie is perfect for the backs. So I need to find 225/40/19's for up front for this set up.

Anyone got a pair of Blizzak LM60's 225/40/19's that they want to sell? Still waiting to hear back if the guy will only sell 2 of his 4.

Oh, and they also recommended not running 19's for winter. They suggested narrower and only up to 18's. Anyone else heard this recommendation or have any concerns with running 19's?

Steve
I recommend buying OEM 18" M3 wheels and installing either OEM sized snows (245/40/18 & 265/40/18) or go down one size (235/40/18 & 255/40/18). The OEM sizes will look the best but the down size will work a little better. Narrower is better in the snow. A taller sidewall is not required but it does provide better performance in the winter plus more pothole and general road damage forgiveness. The ultimate in winter performance is the narrowest and smallest wheels / tires. When I used to live in MN, I personally didn't want to drive around on tiny wheels / tires. I instead ran OEM 18's with OEM sized snows.

If you must run 19's then you can use 255/35/19 in the front and rear. Just do a search; tons of people run 255/35/19's in the front. It's a very common size around here. Keep in mind that fitment does depend on the correct wheel offsets. Also keep in mind that narrower is better. Why are you considering Style 67 wheels? Those are e46 M3 wheels which are far from ideal for an e93. I would pass on those wheels as the offsets and sizes are not a good match. The best value is OEM 18" M3 wheels designed for your car. Tons of members are constantly selling them in the wheel and tire, for-sale section.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0