11-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
eagletangogreen
Got Track!!!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I went to an evening party last night to Introduce Edmonton BMW as a Signature dealer and to introduce Steve Dinan.

A few highlights

- M3 stroker motor will be released in 2 months, 4.6l / 500 hp
- M3 exhaust will be released
- future separate intake valve system to tune the runners to develop more high end hp
- additional suspension mods to be developed into a Signature package
- future engine swap kits to add the stroker V10 to the M3

The M3 motor has different weaknesses to developing power than the V10 so on the intake, the butterfly valves are not in common with the V10.

He will be presenting in Calgary on the 10th December so I am sure more will be revealed then.

One important thing I gained was to never use octane boost bottles on our cars or any BMW cars. The fluid coats the injectors and plugs with a type of corrosion that then leads to incorrect detonation readings causing the car to run too rich and thereby damage the catalytic converters.

He also announced for the 335/135 guys that there will be updates coming for the flash to adjust for 91 Octane fuel to better optimize the engine. This I believe has something to do with the BMW ability to tune itself for different engine "knock" sensing and reprogram its own timing advance/retard for the fuel.
Any talk about ECU reflash for the 08+ M3's?
Appreciate 0