View Single Post
      05-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
xcharlesy
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Jerk at moderate throttle e92 6MT

So I went to the dealer in an attempt to get my software updated, as I thought this was what people were describing was an issue.. it never bothered me, as when I bought the car it behaved the same, and I chalked it up as how the car acts.

After driving it with the foreman, he said he's seen a similar issue in another car that needed a cool pack, he said it behaved the exact same way, and he was able to do it enough that it eventually scanned a code, so he told me he'd keep my car over night and scan it, and attempt to make it throw a code, which is evidentially didn't, and no codes came back, although still persistent, he's going to replace it right now.

From what I've read it could be one of a few issues..

I was thinking - software, coil pack causing misfire, or diff bolt?

The best way to describe the problem, it's in most gears 2-6 I can apply moderate to a lot to full throttle and it has an initial little snap before it begins to accelerate, you can sort of here it, and you can definitely feel a little pop or jerk for a second before it begins to accelerate. The car is a 08 e92 M3 with 57,000 miles.

Never had a single issue since I bought it..

I suggested them to check diff bolts, but the service manager is a majorly incompetent and insists I'm wasting his time with what I've learned online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0