View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Well if its true, then that's pretty damn mindless. So, if the car sits for a year, the battery dies, but then I just start driving the car daily, get a jump start for a week or so, take the car in, then I can get the battery replaced. Great system guys.

Bottom line is that unless they can prove the car sat for an extended period of time, they should replace the battery. I could put 500 miles on the car a year and the battery will remain absolutely perfect as long as I choose to put those miles on in exactly the right intervals. For that matter, I could have a trickle charger on the battery and have the car sitting in a barn - that'll register exactly zero miles.

Denying battery replacement based on odometer reading = trailer park science. Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Actually what the SA is correct.... depending on the dealer, they can refuse a battery replacement if, under their 'professional' opinion, the car is under-driven

My battery died after not driving it for a couple weeks (we got a new Z4, effectively having an extra car, so I drove the old z4 instead of the m3 so that i could save miles on my m3)
but they changed it since my car has about 1k miles per month usage
Appreciate 0