03-26-2008, 02:56 PM   #63
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
T-Bone,

I have already said I will only be able to make a proper opinion on the system when I sample it for myself. After reading the third and fourth review that South kindly added I can see lots to like about the gear box.

I think by the sound of the reviews that the people which got to sample the car from the passenger seat all either own or owned SMG cars and it looked like they could only relate to quick shifts if there was a jerk/surge with the change. I hope that DCT is just as quick in acceleration in the lesser modes as there is no reason for them not to be.

Also remember that I had DSG and didn't care for it much but the reasons for this centred more so with living with the system and finding that the auto modes were the best for me. Maybe DCT has improved on these failings, maybe not but I do want to try it for myself to see if it would be something to think of in the future.

You see footie, if you had posted above instead of "BMW F--king it up BIG TIME", none of us would have ridden you like the town whore.