View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #20
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer
I love that the G-force Rival is available in 295/35/18. It's the next tire I plan to try.
This is the main draw for me too. Plenty of room for a 305/35-18 with the right wheel but i will settle for what's available, i hear custom tires are expensive, lol. I don't like how thin the sidewalls are on the 30-series 18" options out there

The Conti DW is the only other half decent street tire offering these sizes outside of the wacky expensive realm anyway

Im using the same wheels chuck is (actually i think im the one who gave him the idea, lol) with 15mm front and 12.5 rear spacers. This yields essentially stock offsets which has been enough room to very comfortably fit the 295/30 and 315/30 hoosier. So if the best clearance possible is a goal, that helps. I tend to prefer narrow as possible as every mm counts when you are driving close enough to the cones and this car is already wide. However the spacers chuck is using eill effectively soften the car especially in the rear thanks to the wider track, which probably helps with rear traction on street tires