footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
i'm one of those as well. i looked at the rs4 interior and i honestly cannot see how that design is superior to the e46 m3. sure the recaro seat is nice, but everything else such as dash, etc looks pretty old/outdated and not much different than my buddy golf. another thing is that crayon smell is most audi. quality is about the same when I felt the material.

sat in the s5 and compare with the new m3 at the same car show, i though the new m3 material was off higher quality. you could feel the cheap/thin aluminum on the s5. the m3 interior wasn't as flashy, but the material quality was spot on and i like it simplicity better than the busy dash layout of the audi with all sort of button. I love the s5 recaro seat though.

another thing that really annoying is all audi from a4, s4, a5, s5, a6, s6, q7, q5, etc have the exact same layout. it appeared audi shared the same dash for all of them down to the control button. I don't quite get that. atleast differentiate them a bit.
I don't like to burst someone's bubble but the X5, X6, 7 and 5 all follow the same basic dash design, buttons and now I-drive, so basically everyone is doing it, including BMW.

So what I am trying to say is your judgement may be clouded slightly.

P.S.
Having owned both the S5 and M3 I can tell you that the S5 does feel better built inside with the use of better material, try out one with the Carbon Fibre trim (the real deal too) and felt the more special to sit in. Though that said it wasn't quite as special to drive.
Appreciate 0