View Single Post
      09-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Not to deviate from the original thread, but think about it for a second. It is very easy to understand. A car that has everything purpose built for it and nothing used from the parts bin or mass produced including several engineering achievements that were exclusive to this car. There are not many cars that can claim that.

Then factor in the fact that only 500 ever will exist and then factor in the fact that all 500 were sold out with millionaires/billionaires jumping at the opportunity to own one of these. Obviously, they think differently about it.

As the saying goes "consumer will pay what the market will bear" so price is only relevant for people who can buy it. The Stig of "TopGear" recently picked LFA as the "greatest supercar of 2010" over SLS AMG, 458 Italia, GT3 RS and LP570-4 Superleggera so that does account for something.

Notice how the Ferrari F430 Scuderia or the Porsche GT2 997 911 Turbo are snubbed that are parked in the background:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobe View Post
Unbelievably expensive though, with the R8 V10 at less than half the price. That's a lot to pay for originality. Be interesting to see how the performance matches up. But if I had 400k to blow on a car, I don't think my list of dealerships to visit would include Lexus.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 09-13-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0