View Single Post
      01-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

One of the best financial institution I've used so far is USAA. They have limited eligibility since their membership is based off of active duty/retired/family members of service members. They have good banking as well as insurance and loan options. For example, you get ATM surcharge refunds every month (up to $15). And debit/credit rewards kick you back a little money every month from your POS transactions. The only drawback is that you won't see their local branches anywhere except if you live in Texas, so many things that you would normally do at your neighborhood bank will be done over the phone or mail with USAA.

In my experience, Bank of America Military Bank was one of the worst banks I've had. A couple of years back when I used their services, they had uncompetitive interest rates for their savings accounts, CDs, and loans. And when I closed out my account with them, it took numerous phone calls and several weeks for me to finally get my remaining balance back. Like I said, this was with Bank of America Military Bank and I don't have any experience with the regular Bank of America, so they may differ.

That's my $0.02.
Appreciate 0