View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Are you retarded? A REAL 1/4, 1/2, 1 or even 2 mile race is always from the dig. Any race that is from a roll doesn't mean anything. If you can't hook from the dig then all the power is for nothing.
I have a hard time agreeing with you on this point... Real world driving is not from a dig. Do you use your launch control often at stop lights? I don't. I personally think mid-range power is where the enjoyment comes from and "means the most". Only Americans care about 1/4 and 0-60 times. Everyone wants different things but I just don't care that much about how quick my car is from a dig; I'm much more concerned about mid-range and track performance. GTR will of course still beat the M3 in those measures but the M3's practicality and fun-factor is hard to beat. Don't get me wrong I would have a GTR right now if the price were equal to the M3. However I'm not convinced that I wouldn't find myself missing the M3.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0