10-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
Bingo

Racing up to 120+ MPH a DCT car can net an easy 2-3 car lengths over a manual car if power is equal depending on the skill of the manual driver. Gears will also give the M3 more pull off the line at lower speeds.

The only independent Dyno I have seen of the evolve kit was posted in the dyno database "link below". At 6.7 psi it makes less HP than an ESS VT1-550 kit running 5 psi and there is nothing in the graph to suggest a power advantage anywhere in the power curve as some has suggested. My guess is that the car you ran against is not running the 6.7 psi that the owner of the car in the dyno database is. If it was only making around 450 WHP then you should have been able to run at least equal or beat it if your manual VT2-625 is making 520+ WHP as most do.

http://www.bigdynodatabase.com/DynoG...16-WAYNEM3.jpg
I dont see any boost logs with that dyno, 450 is low, and thats is not realistic for 6+ PSI, regardless of who does it. Isnt Wayne the guy that did the home install? Maybe his car is the one not running right, as every video of this evolve M3 shows its running very very well.

autocouture- love the attitude, that tells us your not in it for the money but for the atmosphere and fun- your builds show some beautiful cars, its great to see they can go as much as they show. Would love to see DCT Vs DCT; No matter who the winner is, as they are still driving boosted M3s and im sure loving every second of it.
Appreciate 0