Thread: Iron Man!
View Single Post
      05-06-2008, 02:32 AM   #17
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

I saw Ironman this weekend with my Nephew and we both liked it a lot. I've never been a comic book reader but I do like a lot of these comic book based movies that have come out over the last 8-10 years. I'm really looking forward to a sequel to to this one. For me the second movie in both the X-Men and Spiderman franchises were the best, so hopefully that trend continues with Ironman and the sequel is a step above the original. (unfortunately, in both franchises, #3 kind of sucked)

One minor gripe... When he fired that hand weapon for the first time while not wearing the suit and it didn't knock him on his ass I rolled my eyes a little. I mean come on it's basic 3rd grade science that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. I know the laws of physics don't always apply in these types of movies, but since this one was suppose to be based on science and not super powers I was a little disappointed. I can understand it not having an effect while he's wearing the suit, since it could conceivably weigh enough to keep him stable. But when all he was wearing was the glove the force should have and least caused him to stumble backwards a little.

Dan
Appreciate 0