View Single Post
      02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #55
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

You are right I am sure and it would be cheaper to build it myself, but that requires patience, which I have zero. I hate wiring. I am sure I can do it since I can take apart and engine and put it back together. I may do it but I am not sure I would get everything I need since newegg wont answer the phone to tell me what I would need to get it going. If I can convince our IT guy to get me a copy of windows 7 64bit for free I may just build it.lol

I really want a kick ass PC and one that will have a great GPU to run my 40" Samsung at full res.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
you'll be fine. no need to change the GPU either, it wont play the game on max settings but it should play the game pretty damn well on lower settings

i think i'm going to preorder it, hopefully itll be as good as it looks

when i was putting together my system i checked all the sites you mentioned, i would have paid about $1000 more with alienware and a little more or less with the other sites. for a system similar to the one you listed, you could save about $350 putting it together yourself. that includes an i7 960, ATI 5870, 6gb of ram, mobo, HD, SSD, case and windows 7. like others have said each part you buy comes with a warranty already, if you're extra paranoid, places like newegg offer their own warranty (i think they'll replace parts no questions asked).

All it takes is just 1 day of your time to do some research on which parts to order, how to put it together, and how to install the OS and all other software/drivers. any problem that may occur is almost guaranteed to have happened to someone else before, so a quick google search could easily find a solution. I know computers seem overwhelming if you're not too experienced with them, i've had my fair share of disaster stories, but i guarantee you that you'll probably will never buy a pre-built desktop again once you get the hang of it.

anyway, you got to do whats best for you.