07-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #86
Jive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
Hello everyone,

I have read this thread over in good detail and I am going to do my best to clarify and answer everyone's questions in this post. I am not going to quote every person and respond individually because I am hoping this response will help address any of those curiosities and/or questions. Let me clarify a few things about the MRF Engineering Velaforza mid-section. It is not like all the other systems that have been made for the S65B40 power plant. The system is 100% and fully engineered for the S65B40 engine and does not employ standardized procedures in its design.
Thanks for the response Malek. I don't know much about X-pipe development, but from what i can gather about your response is many (but not all) companies do the least amount of effort they can to bring an X-pipe to market. Remove cats, check for improved flow, check back pressure and manufacturer at the lowest cost and call it day. I guess there isn't much of an incentive to fully engineer an X-pipe for a single car/engine to squeeze out those last few hp/torques as the market would be very limited and you're not guaranteed additional profits.

It is good to read about the method/design/manufacturing you utilized during the R&D process of this X-pipe and it looks like it really paid off. I have major respect for shops such as yours that go out of the way to connect with the community about your products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Just talked to Malek@MRF today. Looks like there's been so much demand generated for his midpipe, that it's gonna go back into limited production.
That is great to hear. Wish i wasn't saving up for some major big ticket items otherwise i would definitely jump on this!