View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #83
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy ny View Post
I am very aware of the TD1 code. Stasis i believes brings up a TD13 or something. Audi will not void your warranty. They are accepting of Stasis parts. It is exactly like Dinan. The S5 is just a better car. Way more comfortable first off. The M3 in the northeast winter was terrible. Not talking about snow. Im talking about warming the car up, heat, ride , etc. The S5 with a intake,tune and exhaust, is i believe more than fast enough for the street. And the dealers don't rip you off and have these very high lease payments. I would go as far as to not even consider another BMW again. Also i drove the 335i way before i bought the M3 and thought it was garbage. Steering and brakes and ride way to stiff. The M3 was the better driving car. I also drove the V8 S5, that car had no look to it, and the car was not fast at all. I thought the Infiniti G37s was a better car and buy and as quick. Granted back then the M3 was the best thing available. If Mercedes would have made the E550 coupe in 4matic awd i might have been tempted to get that. But with no posi-rear, it would have been a bad decision.
interesting post, and highlights the "different strokes for different folks" mantra

i thought the sc s4 (same powertrain as s5) was

-very big and cumbersome on the road
-had overly light loose steering
-had a lot of body roll
-had good power, but not even as fast as my 6mt m3 much less a DCT m3
-build quality was not as good as my m3
-not particulary exciting to drive

So it just depends on what you like. Certainly an s5 looks fantastic, probably is a very nice solid quiet cruiser that has good power and good handling for the street.

But the m3 is completely different. It is much more high strung, balanced, steers way better, and is much more aggressive and precise.

Audi's cannot overcome the poor balance from having their engines so far forward and being FWD biased.

Congrats on the s5 though, a fantastic car, just not for me.