Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subaru R2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLV-Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
They have some kind of new machine that goes in there and cleans out the valves, for $190. I'd never heard of this in our cars before. The DI makes sense since he said most of the ones getting trouble with this are mostly regular 3 and 5 series.
We use that for 335's/535's and Mini's. That's only for for heavily carbon up valves which is caused by direct injection and many other issues I can go in depth on.

You won't have that issue with you M3 because it uses port fuel injection which cleans anyways. Just put some Chevron(same as BMW's) fuel injection cleaner additive in your tank every 4th fill up.

I myself have one of these which is a fuel injector cleaner tool.

You basically inject a mixture of fuel and a cleaner directly into your fuel rail. This proves well with older cars with semi clogged or clogged injectors. Cleans out injectors well with the right cleaner and cleans the intake ports.
If port injection cleans the fuel injection as you say, then why add Chevron Techron every 4th fill-up?

4 tanks comes to about a 1000 miles. Doesn't that seem too frequent?
I always assumed it was something done with every oil change(?).

I used to religiously use this stuff on my old car after every oil change (3-4000 miles), but when I got to about 80,000 miles I ended up stopping because I never really felt the difference... Wasn't sure if it was really working... I wish the car would discharge sludge or Something to validate the use of the product.
Appreciate 0