View Single Post
      12-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #62
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

As others have noted if you plan on having a new car every 3 or so years then leasing makes sense. You will though have less money in your pocket because it could have been yours and not have to start all over. Leasing for some is a write off as some noted. For other it is probably (not always) because they can not afford the car to begin with.

I am sure you still can but back in the 90's I had my own business and wrote off on my taxes the mileage my truck every year and it was not a lease. I chose to write off mileage rather than the payment as I had a greater benefit as I drove so much. And after 5 years the car was still mine and I was still writing off mileage.

Some people think by writing off your lease payment is like getting the money back off your taxes. This is a misconception. If you paid for example 400 a month on a lease that would be 4800 a year. At tax time you will NOT get 4800 back in pocket from the write off but you will get to write off the tax on 4800. You still pay the 4800 in the end. Though I am sure most of you already knew this others may not.

Either way it is all about what you feel comfortable with and your plans for your next car. No right no wrong, its all about your choice.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0