07-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #50
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I'm not a professional detailer or anything but I found a system that is easy for me to stick to, as I am lazy at times. I use leather wipes weekly (whatever brand you like, I use Meguires, this will keep them clean and moisterize while keeping the matte look) or every other week and as soon as I see some drying or wrinkling the wipes are not taking care of, I use Leatherique(maybe 1-2 times a year). I am also not a small guy at 6' 230lbs, so I am careful of how I get in and out of the car to protect the bolsters, I use the steering wheel to help guide my fat ass into the seat. My seats are exactly 1 year old now and look like the day I bought the car.
Thanks Metak - that info is handy - I imagine that it doesn't really matter what leather you buy (black or red) if you don't look after it, it will look like shite after a year or two. Using the leather wipes is a great idea. Protecting the bolsters is a very good point - again something that will need to be done regardless of black or red leather.... Ahh the choices..

I've been watching the poll... interesting... shame that there isn't a ticker capability.... seems like fox red has always been the more popular choice amongst ///M-Drivers... with black being the choice of reason/practicality.
- Both clearly look nice.
- Red is more striking
- Black is subtle
- Resale in Australia may be an issue (as there aren't that many people that would by an M3) - but do I really care about 5 years from now if I've enjoyed my car!

Right now, I'm kind of swaying towards Fox Red... although my sense of practicality is saying otherwise... grrr
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0