06-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
IN54NITY
Major nutz
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 n54 e92xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [8.89]
First, I want to call out signes, I distinctly see a camera on your car in dnvrdrvr's 1st vid!

(Personally I didn't film first day, rain put me behind the 8 ball on time. On second day I held the on/off button 5 milliseconds too long on the GoPro on 2nd and 4th sessions so it took a picture instead of filming when I clicked the start button. I won't make that mistake again.)

>It's a bit of a Frankenstien

Wait. I thought you bought that e36 from John S.? (now Ford Boss 302) That's another car?

>I was surprised at the red E36 closing the door on me in T3...

In a real race, that red e36 would have had the "right" to do so as you only came up to the door. Remember the onus is on the driver passing to avoid all contact up until ~you are nose to nose~ (Skip Barber mentions not even nose to front wheel or front fender is good enough), once you have "presented" yourself (completely nose to nose at time of turn in) only then "passed" driver needs to yield one car width + "one coat of paint" (BMWCCA club racing rule, I ~think~ it's 3/4 car width in NASA), otherwise the apex doesn't belong to you.

>Short story: I'm hooked. THE most fun I've had in a car. Ever.

My favorite moments during the whole weekend were "driving" with you and Joe, even though it lasted a short 2 minutes.

P.S. That dust plume looked much much larger in real life.