devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
MBITION:

How 'bout just buy the car? Then put it on Ebay with an openning bid right @ MSRP. You will surely get more for it than that, hence effectively selling your spot as you intend to do. In fact you'll probably make a hell of a lot more that way, and you probably won't ever even have to make a payment on the car. It will tie up your credit for a bit I suppose, yes.

Or even better:

Isn't it the case that you now feel as though you CAN afford this car? Yes that's it! Everyone can discontinue this heated discussion since MBITION has now decided to keep his spot and buy the car. No harm, no foul. Right guys? MBITION is going to make an honest attempt and keep his "promise" to the dealership that he'll purchase and take delivery of one 2008 M3. What happens after that, of course, we cannot say. If he registers a new ID on Ebay and hawks the car right away, well, that would be dirty, awful, rotten, and deceitful! But we'll never know about it, so we can't call him out. Damn, and now what the hell are we going to do with all the soap-boxes lying around here.

Good luck, man!
Assuming the Ebay sale took place post delivery; in most states two words would put a damper in the profit margin: sales tax.

A dealer has to be willing to take part in this transaction. If the dealer chose not to then they (dealer) would be within their rights to move on to the next person in line. They are obligated to sell to the person listed on the sales contract. Some dealers will take part in this process, others will not. So, I would say that the dealers are equally at fault if anyone is assigning blame. Most dealers feel that a sale is a sale.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it.
Appreciate 0