05-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #32
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquisit View Post
Well, Geico quoted me at 3,000USD for six months

I've had a minor accident, and 105+ on a 65mph speeding ticket that happened three years ago. Looks like I have to wait two years to hope to get a lower quote (more time to save money, yay).

I did make the bodily injury part 30,000/60,000 - and wasn't sure if that was a good price point to select.

I also checked the B+ average student part, and hoped it would lower the price. Sheesh, $6,000 a year, you were right about the 50% part

EDIT: Crap, sorry for double post (it's really late, and was planning on editing the post prior to this one)
105+ in a 65mph zone probably constituted reckless driving and you weren't arrested? Sorry man, you may take this the wrong way but the insurance company is doing you a favor. I hate to know what you were doing 105+ in but the life you save may be your own, one of ours or my wife and kids.

Yes I was 22 once and I am not dinging you for your age as there are a lot of responsible owners that are your age. However, I mean this sincerely you need to grow up when you have one of these cars, or any car for that matter with over 400hp. When my kids get their first car (some years off, thank the Lord) it will be a Ford Focus or something of the ilk and a high performance driving school.

One day you will have kids yourself and you will see what I am talking about. Once again not dinging you for your age...you could have told me you were 40 and with this kind of a record it would probably be best you didn't get such a fast car until you get it out of your system.

Tell your bro congrats on the Mustang, I feel they are a hell of a car for the money and with just a little more polish I would have bought one over the M.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk

Last edited by Dave07997S; 05-16-2011 at 09:33 PM..
Appreciate 0