skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
Anyway I think the Iphone 5 64gb for ATT is already out via early release and its around $999 bucks if I recall. The Iphone 4GS is already available.

Please don't message me for the website. Just do a google search and you will find it. I can say they are out of Los Angeles, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessZ4M View Post
ATT claims the iPhone 5 will be released in September. I dont see that happening at this point, maybe the 4GS, but like I said thats already available via OS.

The iPhone 5 is out to via OS, I just checked. They have 2 instock and they are like $1039 retail a phone... Way to much. I would offer them $800 a piece but just not worth it. I am sticking to my 4GS. lol
By saying it's out via "OS", the only thing people are going to find if they search is nothing except results related to iOS 5, so I imagine nothing you're saying is true. You say you have a 4GS even though there are barely any rumors sticking with that name, and it doesn't even go with Apple's trend. Even if they go with 4G, which I hope they don't because it won't be real 4G, they would want to leave 4GS for an upgrade just like 3GS. They will either go with 4S for a speed upgrade, or less likely they will go with 5 even though there are no hints at a major hardware refresh at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
So is it gonna be the 4gs or is it gonna be the 5? I'm looking to upgrade in September so I would like for it to be the iphone 5.
Are you asking just for the name or are you wondering if it's going to be a huge hardware jump? If it's not a full refresh, which doesn't seem likely, it will still be a big enough difference otherwise they wouldn't bother. The 3GS was an amazing jump over the 3G even though it wasn't a full revamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Whatever moniker they go with, it will essentially be a refresh, NOT worthy of a new generational designation.

So, even if they do call it the iPhone5, it will still just be a rehash of the iPhone4 with some minor upgrades.
But if they do put the A5 processor in there, that would make it pretty worthwhile. Apple isn't going to release a new phone if they can only say "well it's 2% faster". It will need to have some kind of substantial improvement to set it apart from the current model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
No.
If it's just "LTE", then yes, that is fake 4G. LTE Advanced is what we want.