View Single Post
      08-25-2008, 06:22 PM   #44
Garissimo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4 doors, 6 gears, 8 cylinders

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
BTW, if my post doesn't show....I have tremendous respect for GM engineers who are working in a less than ideal environment at GM..... Even with this level of engineering and testing, BMW ///M must be commended by delivering this level of performance 4 years ago.
Good point about the American engineers. Also, they are delivering M5 levels of performance at least a $30K discount; they should be commended for that. I'm looking forward to a comprehensive real world test of the CTS-V. Road and Track's test said next to nothing about the way the CTS-V drives other than the video segment where the driver complimented the magnetic suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I just hope BMW doesn't screw up the M division with all the re-organization they are doing right now.....
Everything I've read about BMW's //M division says they operate more or less autonomously. I think BMW is smart enough not to fix that which is not broken.