View Single Post
      01-09-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

The Camaro's back!

Actually, I'm a little appalled by what they've done to it. As you can see from the pic, it looks almost identical to the new Mustang, with its 1960s cues.

Why do the American companies think they need to conjure up old memories to make a sale? What is with this "redesign the past" crap? I mean, it doesn't look all that bad...but it does look way to predictable, and certainly not "cutting edge"--of course, by GM standards, it might be

Anyway, I've always loved Camaros, and nothing can ever take away the heritage of the original American Detroit muscle, but I think nowadays the majority of people are looking for muscle, but also something else--like good fuel economy, comfortable ride, good handling, safety, among other things.

But when I see this, or when the new mustang came out, all I could see was the obnoxious hype, and the marketing schemes designed to instill memories. Maybe that's what these American companies think will save them, but I think it's the wrong move.

I would have seriously considered something like this, if it was an improvement. But I see a step backwards and I don't like it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060109/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Attached Images

Appreciate 0