View Single Post
      05-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
Simple minds believe in intangible concepts. I believe in science.
Richard Feynman has said that no one truly understands quantum mechanics, and he made more headway with QM than anyone in recent history. QM can only be described using the most abstract/intangible form possible, pure mathematics; a wavefunction has ZERO physical models. So while I agree with what you're getting at, I don't agree with your wording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
ME! I believe in ghosts. For 4 reasons.

1. Last 5 digits on my birth certificate are -00666
Coincidence, my office phone number ends in 666...

2. About two months ago I woke up at 230AM and the light in my bedroom was on.
And? Did you leave it on? My parents' house has 2 lights that turn on/off on their own. Weird electrical quirks aren't uncommon

3. About two months ago I have a framed picture (about an 8x10) that hangs above the left side of my bed. I woke up and found it on the floor next to the right side of my bed. Pick it up and hung it back up.
4. About one month ago same picture, I woke up and found it on laying perfectly my night stand on the right side of my bed.

Now if it had fallen, it would have woken me up because of the noise, it would have broken Im sure, and it would have fallen on the left side. Theres no way possible for it travel (without assistance) to the right side of my bed or be placed on my nightstand.

You assume it would have woken you up and that it would have broken, but it's more likely that it fell and didn't wake you up than a ghost screwing with you.

I have NOT hung that picture back up. I put it in my closet and so far nothing else has happened.
The fact is, if you look for something, you're likely to 'find' it whether or not it actually exists. If you go into a situation having already judged the cause/outcome, you'll look for evidence as ad hoc support of your conclusion.
Appreciate 0