View Single Post
      06-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #184
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

There are some big road trips around the corner. MFest next weekend and then Bimmerfest the following weekend. From AZ, that will be nearly 1000 miles over the next two weeks (give or take a hundred or so).

My RKP GT4 lip has been surprisingly robust. The first time I drove the car with the lip I figured it would be a matter a months before I destroyed it. However, its been nearly 1.5 yrs now and the lip is still going strong. That being said, the lip is slowly wearing away in a few spots on the bottom. I filled in what I could a few months ago with epoxy and then used Helicopter blade tape on top of that.

Then I went to Willow Springs raceway with a few buddies including Malek from MRF. They were using a MRF made aluminum skid plate on the bottom of their GT4 lips. I thought it was a great idea! It also showed the versatility of blind rivets (pop rivets) which I now had knowledge of after my front clip replacement.

So this weekend I finally got to work and here is the result.

IMG_0488 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Don't mind the permanent marker on the bottom... that will be worn away soon!

From the top I left about 1/4" exposed ahead of the CF.

IMG_0489 by JMEllis, on Flickr

The final product turned out great. That being said, I have OCD and there are some things I will adjust on the next skid plate. I have no idea how long this one will last but when it goes I have some things I will do differently.

Next up is cleaning. I only managed two track days in the last year but they still managed to get tire balls and dirt all over the place. Time to clean up the places that usually don't get much attention.

IMG_0490 by JMEllis, on Flickr

The brakes will coming off soon in favor of a smaller/lighter set. If you are interested in some lightly used 380/380 Brembos shoot me a text.

Just look at those squeaky clean wheel wells. My OCD can rest for the night.

IMG_0491 by JMEllis, on Flickr

IMG_0492 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Thanks goes to Johnny250 for these.

IMG_0577 by JMEllis, on Flickr

Last edited by JEllis; 11-29-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0