View Single Post
      07-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
r53s65e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: r53 s65e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u3 View Post
Concerning insurance. I doubt if you will find a standard insurance policy that covers track events. I am in the business and insurance cos are wise to the HPDE events.
If you are willing to walk away from a 60,000 dollar car, then the risk is yours. I would find it very hard to do. So I spend 300 for 55,000 of coverage. If you are not willing to spend that well, what can I say.

I figure a weekend event, if you have to spend the night is $1,000.00. Event cost, insurance, room, gas, food, wear and tear on the car. You have got to pay to play.
I will pay to play no doubt. Nevertheless, it is a matter of principle too. It is really annoying to be covered in the case you are flying @120mph drunk down the highway and have a crash and not covered when you are enjoying your car in a safe and controlled environment. Therefore, I will give any reasonable insurance a chance (if such a company exists) and then if I am unsuccessful I will buy adequate track insurance. I have seen track crashes where the insurance covered the loss about a year ago. E-surance was "reasonable" until my last renewal a week ago.
Appreciate 0