02-27-2013, 03:21 AM   #251
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I'm getting one too A good friend owns a Chevy dealership and is getting me an allocation (I know him so no deposit required). I love the design, love the interior and love the likely performance. GM says the Z51 C7 is faster than the current GS model and close to the current Z06 on the track!!

I have never been particularly interested in Corvettes until this car. All new interior with competition seats, 3300 lbs, magnetic shocks, rev matching 7MT, adjustable exhaust, Brembo brakes, carbon fiber galore and GM is saying estimated 450hp/450ft.lbs torque but much of the speculation based on the specs of the new engine is that it will be closer to 480hp and GM is not releasing that while there are a bunch of C6s on the lots remaining to sell. All of this for not a lot of $$$.... it will be $15,000 to $20,000 less than my M3/C63 were.
Yeah man it all looks good on paper. I heard 470hp will be the final number, but I'd be happy with anything over 450 and all that torque. Are you going with 2lt or 3lt? I'm trying to decide if I want to go with just z51 and keep it pretty basic or if I want to go all out. Are you planning on leasing or buying? I'm chomping at the bit for more info on it!
Appreciate 0