View Single Post
      07-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #21
crimsone90
Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Just thought it'll be good to let everyone know, I was one of the first few to pull the strings on a Forgestar F14 Matteblack 19" wheel sometime back in March. I used it for the month of April and May - took it up to New York city twice and did a track session with it.

My steering wheel became shimmy at 65mph and I went down to my mechanic to get my wheels re-balanced. That's when I realized the front wheel has a slight bent and I suspect that is what that is causing the vibration when I drive. I might have bent it when I was driving through those vicious potholes in New York or maybe when I clipped a chicane up in NJMP, I'm not very sure when that happened.

I am away for the whole summer and I plan to fix the wheel and refinish them as well. Didn't think matte black was as nice of a color in person compared to pictures.

I'm not hating on forgestars, I think they make a great product with a fantastic price point but I thought it was only fair to give everyone a heads up.
18″ Fitments

18×8.5 offsets from +26 to +50
18×9.0 offsets from +20 to +55
18×9.5 offsets from +26 to +60
18×10 offsets from +16 to +42
18×11 offsets from +23 to +55
18×12 offsets from +36 to +68

That's 20-30mm extra of back spacing. Doesn't Forgestar machine the offset off a wheel blank according to your specifications? That could weaken the wheel at some extend.
Appreciate 0