First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91' 850i

Garage List
1991 850i  [7.75]
2007 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Sorry to hijack but I was going to start a similar thread tonight, anyways....

I've always been an athletic guy and even though I haven't worked out on a normal basis for 3 years you wouldn't know until I took off my shirt. I'm 6'4'', 220lb. I want to get back into it cuz I'm starting to feel lazy and I'm getting married in August and want to look good for the pictures and the honeymoon.

Anyways couple questions....

-When is the best time to work out? I'm planning on doing the wake up at 6am and go. Maybe throw in a little time on the elepitical at home later in the evening. I don't have the time to dedicate 1-1.5 hours later a majority of the week which is why I'm leaning towards mornings.

-What is a good protein shake? I never really drank that stuff but my good friend always has and it seems to work for him. Which is a good tasting one, one you wouldn't mind drinking even if you didn't have to.

-Should I get back into taking creatine? Used the stuff before but it seems to have lost its appeal since I never hear anyone really bring it up.

-I'm not going to officially diet. More just be conscious of what I'm eating. I've already cut back a lot of stuff in preparation and lost 10lbs doing so. I do have a vice for some occasional fast food. Due to my job and constantly being on the run it's whats convenient but I've also made the effort and cut back by dropping to smaller portions and avoiding the notorious really bad for you items on the menus.

Well any pointer would be great. Thanks and again sorry for the thread hijack.
No better way than to kick start your metabolism in the morning than with a workout! It's when I workout 5 or 6 am every morning.

Myoplex, MeRX, MRI's Pro-Nos have always worked for me...I do Myoplex because EAS is very respectable company and the first to bring creatine to the market

I still use Creatine, it's just lost the hype because it's now an integral part of athletic training

I also have no specific diet...I just avoid what's obviously bad.
Appreciate 0