Sully1Time
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' MR440i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
I don't care about the product, I am not interested in it since I would never run any engine without air filters.

Whenever you change the length of a velocity stack the cam timing will need to be altered to take full advantage of it and maintain the torque curve. I would assume that you should know enough about tuning to do this?

Also, I am surprised that you would say if it requires tuning to make power (being that you are in the tuning business) it should probably be redesigned. Are you saying that cams should not be used since they require tuning?!?!
Pretty sure everyone here knows that M3's are set up from the factory to meet noise and emissions standards, not make the most hp, the tuning That Mike does is directly related to that. I think what he's saying is, if your gonna design and market something like this intake setup, then it should come with the R&D already done. I know for a fact that I do not have the time, money or resources to buy this and then have to figure it out on my own.
I can imagine loosing the entire air box and plenum would loose more power then adding this meth setup without an air box would make.