View Single Post
      09-10-2012, 04:14 PM   #43
Stainless 45
Captain
Rep
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeE92M3 View Post
I chose the magnaflow simply, like you said, for the quality. Looking at the link you just posted, it is clearly evident the quality differences between that and the magnaflow. When I opened the boxes for the MF mufflers you can just see and feel the quality. I have a magnaflow X pipe on the way (part number 10791) to replace the OEM "shitpipe" because the MF pipe has a bigger opening in the crossover. I have deleted the secondary cats and put in straight SS 2.5'' pipes in its place. This, combined with my new resonators I have on the way as well will create a unique sound, and maybe gain about 2-4 horses with the new x pipe, as well. Nonetheless, my muffler shop guy charges me literally almost nothing compared to other customers, so I have saved A TON of money by going the "custom" route as opposed to dropping thousands of dollars on something else. It allows me to experience the different aspects of playing/toying with the exhaust and finding something that I will love!

Ant updates? My new Magnaflows are sitting in my living room waiting to be installed They were about $250 apiece from Summit, but still a bargain for the sound and quality.
Blue Thunder -2011 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. BPM Stage II. Dinan 3.45 Rear. Borla/Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, Forgestar F14's, Turner road armor. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0