Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
... And then there is the Vorsteiner edition Brembo calipers (or whatever they are called) with the CF strip attached. Now, that really did crack me up. I showed it to a buddy who is really into his tuned twin-turbo S4. These guys are a pretty tight community around here and talk about tuning all day. He laughed even harder than I did and said "that is exactly what's wrong with BMW folks; they don't know how to tune".
At the risk of offending Audi owners, it's pretty funny to hear that comment. BMW owners start off with an exceptional base automobile, then tack on stupid parts. Audi owners start with a mediocre core design and spend fortunes making them faster than other Audis but slower than the most basic modded BMWs.
None-the-less, I love Audis. I just know better than to try to mod them. They still drive like there's a dead horse tied to the front of the car, no matter how many mods you make. The Audi clubs are full of really cool people, though, and I've had some of my most fun track days with the Audi club.
Appreciate 0