TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A Singularity

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
...With all due respect Jimmy is wrong when he says that it's extremely unlikely that a dealer would be willing to use one of their allocation for an ED. Maybe that is the case of Steve Thomas but if you ask around you will find plenty of dealers willing to do it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koop View Post
Well, I spent the last week since my order was cancelled with smoke coming out of my ears

But it looks as though things are back on track for my ED order, albeit with another dealer. No markup, same pricing structure as before this whole fiasco. In fact, I'm getting an even better deal and quicker delivery, production number in hand.

Yes it's certainly frustrating, but the sky isn't exactly falling...yet. Best of luck to everyone and try not to get too disheartened...you may actually come out better off.

Received my production number last night from David Aviles at Northwest BMW. I initially contacted him back in June, but hadn't received a production number when BMW shut down ED orders a week or so back. I was stressed, but kept faith in Dave and he came through.

I didn't ask him if he had to give up a Dealer Allocation, no doubt he's been extra busy w/ customers of other dealers contacting him for allocations. I am grateful for whatever work he put in to keep my order alive. Efforts like this earn customer loyalty.
Appreciate 0