11-15-2007, 05:48 PM   #38
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Don't forget the test results I posted showing the E46 M3 being quicker through wet corners than the S4! Perhaps not easier but faster for sure. Sorry can't find the post right now or would provide a link.
The article was from AUTOCAR with the chief editor at the wheel. At the time the results were BS and the same applies now. I maybe an Audi owner at present but believe me when I say it that in the wet an awd car (regardless of who makes it) will be quicker. If you doubt this then check out the review from AUTOCAR again on the new M3, they tested it on their wet handling track and it's time was a whole 6 seconds slower than the RS4. They even said that the M3 was just as quick in the corners but could get the same traction coming out of them and that was where the time was lost.

But this is missing my point which I was trying to make, we don't buy cars based on lap times, well us intelligent ones don't in any case. We buy them because on the enjoyment they bring, that is it, end of story.
Appreciate 0